Sunday, May 23, 2010

Get Him To The Greek


I must start by saying that "Get Him To The Greek" actually exceeded whatever expectations of mediocrity I had for it. Actually, let me rephrase that. I had no idea how funny this movie would be, the trailer was only a blip on my radar.

"Get Him To The Greek" is just plain enjoyable. Every character had a high degree of likability, and each made me laugh. Jonah Hill's "fish out of water" personality worked, for me at least, as did Russel Brand's "rock music personified" Aldous Snow (a character carried over from the movie "Forgetting Sarah Marshall"). A surprise will come to some in the way of P. Diddy. His boisterous, outrageous, dick head attitude was hilarious, and possibly one of the funnier things in the entire movie.

What you think one character lacks in comedic value, you will probably find in another, or something, somewhere. The gross out jokes that do occur (often) may not appeal to some, but I believe they'll reach their intended audience just fine. In addition they serve to just push the point that Jonah Hill's character is about a trillion miles out of his element.


"I hope you're wearing a condom because I have a dirty mind."


(NOTE-- Unfortunately, the "I am motorist" scene was cut in the screening I saw.)

No comments:

Post a Comment